Top-tier, sincere and looking at you with kindness.
When it’s your loved one – or if it’s you – and you’re looking at your choices of nursing homes in Lufkin, Texas, you’re sure of one thing: You want the all-hands-on-deck team of beloved, best-in-class caregivers all focused on your particular needs. We’re them, and you’ve got our undivided attention. We’ve been effectively “treating the whole person” here in Lufkin, TX for nearly a generation; we care for you physically, emotionally, spiritually and socially – and our resident-to-staff ratio is one of the best in the region. And by the way, you may now officially forget the phrase “nursing home” in lieu of a more pertinent expression: Welcome home to PineCrest Skilled Nursing.
Find out more about Lufkin, TX-area Skilled Nursing. Contact us today.
Long-term Skilled Nursing: for acute illness.
We consistently deliver the highest-quality compassionate Skilled Nursing, with a smile and a cheerful word every time. It’s the right choice when a senior’s medical needs have progressed to where they can’t be met at home or in outpatient care. Any acute illness or condition that doesn’t require hospitalization can generate these needs, for example:
- Cardiac failure
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Congestive heart failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Severe osteoarthritis
- Other major illness
A chef, a chaplain and a team of nurses.
We offer a comfortable, homelike atmosphere in Skilled Nursing, at the same time maintaining 24/7 professional medical oversight and offering excellent, chef-prepared meals, plus a bevy of services and amenities for all Skilled Nursing residents:
Services & Amenities
- Medication management
- Dressing and grooming
- 3 meals daily
- Personal laundry service
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Safe outdoor space
- Walking paths
- Wellness center
- Multipurpose activity center
- Chapel with weekly services
- Beauty salon
Skilled Nursing FAQs
It’s the treatment of acute illness. When a senior’s medical needs have progressed to where they can’t be met at home or in outpatient care, Skilled Nursing offers the practical answer. Typically, Skilled Nursing includes a host of medical professionals and therapists delivering a resident-specific program of health services, 24/7. It’s worth noting that Short-term Rehabilitation is a specialized Skilled Nursing service, that usually operates within or adjacent to the Skilled Nursing area – because it relies on many of the same professionals for treatment.
Staff members include RNs (registered nurses), nurse practitioners, a full-time life enrichment coordinator, a consultant dietitian and a variety of certified specialists. Skilled Nursing, both short- and long-term, is provided on site at PineCrest.
To make the most effective treatment plan ASAP, please provide this information when you come:
- Health insurance, with policy numbers of private medical insurance, prescription plan, Medicare/Medicaid, long-term care insurance, plus vision and dental (if applicable).
- Medical information, with doctor and pharmacy contact, medical diagnoses, allergies and drug sensitivities, health history, and a health event log with hospitalizations, surgeries and major health events (if any).
- Medications, including (for each) the name, dosage, how and when to take it, why it was prescribed, start and stop dates, whether monitoring is required, the doctor who prescribed it and if there are any side effects.
- If you hold the patient’s Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, bring a copy. If you have a copy of their advance medical directives, such as a Do Not Resuscitate order (DNR) or a Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment form (POLST), please bring it.