Our Transitional Rehab has in-patient therapy (physical, speech, occupational) that helps a patient transition from a higher level of care back to their own residence, at which point they can continue with out-patient rehab or at-home care if needed. It should be noted that our rehab is short-term care, with the plan to get the patient back home as soon as possible. This is just one of the things most people do not realize about PineCrest. What else is there to know about our rehab? Here are just a few:
- Not a nursing home! PineCrest Transitional Rehab is not inside a nursing home and patients have a private entrance. Our patients also have their own dining room.
- Our staff to patient ratio. We provide more staffing per patient than other local rehabs. We score highest among similar short term care providers in the Lufkin area on Medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare. This means more 1-on-1 time and quicker response to requests for help.
- Our rate of successful return to home and community from a short-stay is better than the state and national average (Medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare). “High rates of successful discharge shows the nursing home may be helping to make a resident’s function better so they can successfully go back home.”
- Maxi-Sky Lift – a ceiling lift system that provides an efficient and safe environment for patients and care givers- we are the only location in the state of Texas, outside of a hospital setting, to have this state of the art equipment.
- This equipment gives us the opportunity for more hands on therapy with patients who need help with balance and stability. We are able to better help patients who have suffered from strokes or have balance impairments due to conditions like Parkinson’s.
- The Maxi-Sky Lift can also aid in patients who have a fear of falling. It can help them face their fear and get started on the road to recovery.
- Open concept rehab. Our rehab was designed by orthopedic doctors so nurses and therapists can interact and treat patients together. If there is an issue with a patient while a therapist is working with them, a nurse is only a few feet away making it easier to assist as needed. Better communication results in better outcomes.
- Pre-Hab. Strengthen your body and mind before your medical procedure or surgery. There is research that shows that prehab can dramatically improve recovery from shoulder, knee and hip surgery. This will also help get your mind and body ready for what it will be like after your surgery.
- Our therapists can go to post surgery orthopedic doctor’s appointments. When a patient in our rehab has an appointment with their orthopedic surgeon, if the patient desires, our therapists are able to join them to describe current therapies and the patient’s progress.
- Continuing care at home. We partner with home health agencies to provide continuous care once a patient has gone home. This partnership can make it possible for a patient’s current therapist to continue to provide care even after discharge.
- 30 day readmit. We can readmit a patient that has gone home within 30 days. This can help keep a patient from readmitting to the hospital. Also, it can give patients a sense of peace about getting home and being overwhelmed.
Come see the things that make PineCrest stand out!