ENGAGEMENT VERSUS ENTERTAINMENT
When you move to PineCrest, you’ll find a team that truly goes the extra mile to offer a variety of opportunities. A typical week may be packed with card games, outings, cooking demos, bible study, concerts, lectures, fitness classes, sewing parties, and book clubs…the list goes on and on. Before we go any further, it’s important to understand that these offerings are not intended to entertain but rather, to engage. You see, entertainment means that you sit in the audience, simply observing, while engagement means you are an active participant. Around here, we want to invite you to get out of the bleachers and get into the game! If you only come to PineCrest for entertainment, you will have missed the point entirely. Here, we rely on our residents to contribute their talents, passions and gifts to enhance the lives of their neighbors. The absolute best part, hands down, about PineCrest is that it’s a place where lives are transformed. People seem to find purpose here. Days that were previously filled with loneliness or boredom are suddenly exchanged for days that are saturated with meaning and connection. It’s simple, when you come to PineCrest, prepare to be engaged, not entertained.
UPGRADE YOUR LIFESTYLE
A major upgrade to your lifestyle awaits you at PineCrest. Just imagine…
- No more back breaking housework! We’ll change the sheets too!
- No more cooking dinner and washing the dishes afterwards!
- No pushing a lawnmower in the Texas heat!
- No more home repairs! (Isn’t it time to retire from the “honey-do list?”)
- No more boredom or loneliness!
- No more worries about the future!
Isn’t it time to upgrade? Drop us a line!
MINIMUM AGE, 55. NO MAXIMUM.
Our charter requires that you or your spouse be at least 55 for the two of you to join us at PineCrest. And while we’re owned and operated by Methodist Retirement Communities (MRC), you needn’t be Methodist or religious at all to come and enjoy the full benefits of this community. One of those benefits is that every staff member is always ready to go the extra mile as a result of our ICARE program. ICARE stands for integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence, and all our staff members have personally committed to demonstrate an ICARE principle every single day.
EXPLORE THE LIST OF EXTRAS
Life at PineCrest is filled with a few extra comforts, services and amenities to make every day a little more enjoyable.
- Chef prepared dining services
- Concierge Services
- Night courtesy officer
- Housekeeping and linen services (2x/month)
- Maintenance for homes, grounds and common areas
- Life-enriching programs for the mind, body and spirit
- Staff chaplain who serves residents of all denominations
- Guest suites and accommodations
- Catering for private parties
- Business accommodations (notary, fax, copying, etc.)
- 55 acres of landscaped grounds, native pines and hardwoods
- Banking- In house
- Billiards room
- Card room
- Chapel with regular worship services
- Professionally appointed restaurant and Bistro dining options
- Brookshire Brothers Grocery
- Gated community
- Beauty salon
- Large multipurpose center
- Lovely atrium and lobby
- Private dining room you can reserve for guests
- Private mailboxes
- Wellness center
TASTE AND TOUR
Some folks say they feel it the minute they walk in. This is a laid-back and lovely community of neighbors who enjoy each other’s company. Schedule a tour, and plan to stay for lunch or dinner. Or both. Or overnight. Take time to strike up a conversation with your potential neighbors, walk the grounds and taste a variety of selections from the menu. This is a big decision, one that deserves a thorough once over. Just let us know when you’re coming and we will be glad to show you around.