WHAT’S BETTER THAN GOOD?
“How are your parents settling in?” “They’re good.” Or “Do you like your new place?” “I’m good.” At PineCrest, “good” isn’t good enough – not when we can help you to better. Happier. Joy in the morning and something to look forward to each day.
YOUR TUCKED-AWAY OASIS.
The heart of the matter – what really differentiates a senior living community – is how deeply satisfied you feel with how you spend each day; that is, your retirement lifestyle. Happiness is usually a blend of 5 factors, starting (let’s face it) with the pleasure of dining:
- Each meal delights and is sometimes downright fun; menus are nutritionally balanced, well-planned and successfully pleasing for palates that range from delicate to hearty.
- Activities and events include sports plus arts and other entertainment – such as road trips for live theater in Houston, shopping in Fredericksburg and dining in nearby Nacogdoches – as well as educational opportunities and spiritual renewal.
- The focus on wellness is as positive, inclusive and irresistible as, say, Zumba Gold.
- You’re able to spend time each day either with close friends or with nature, perhaps exploring the landscaped grounds and walkways tucked among beautiful native pines and hardwoods that grace the 55 lush acres of PineCrest.
- It’s always a pleasure to open the door on your own gracious home.
MINIMUM AGE, 55. NO MAXIMUM.
Our charter requires that you or your spouse be at least 55 for the two of you to join us at PineCrest. And while we’re owned and operated by Methodist Retirement Communities (MRC), you needn’t be Methodist or religious at all to come and enjoy the full benefits of this community. One of those benefits is that every staff member is always ready to go the extra mile as a result of our ICARE program. ICARE stands for integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence, and all our staff members have personally committed to demonstrate an ICARE principle every single day.
ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME. WITH A CHEF.
The key is living life the way you always have, but revving it up just a wee bit with services and amenities like these.
- Chef prepared dining services
- Night courtesy officer
- Housekeeping and linen services (2x/month)
- Maintenance for homes, grounds and common areas
- Life-enriching programs for the mind, body and spirit
- Staff chaplain who serves residents of all denominations
- Guest suites and accommodations
- Catering for private parties
- Business accommodations (notary, fax, copying, etc.)
- 55 acres of landscaped grounds, native pines and hardwoods
- Banking- In house
- Billiards room
- Card room
- Chapel with regular worship services
- Professionally appointed restaurant and Bistro dining options
- Brookshire Brothers Grocery
- Gated community
- Beauty salon
- Large multipurpose center
- Lovely atrium and lobby
- Private dining room you can reserve for guests
- Private mailboxes
- Wellness center
COME FOR A TOUR, STAY THE NIGHT. OR AS LONG AS YOU LIKE.
Some folks say they feel it the minute they walk in. This is a laid-back and lovely community of neighbors who enjoy each other’s company. This is not like the nursing homes of days past, though should you need it, we’ll certainly provide unsurpassed skilled nursing and other health care. Schedule a tour, and plan to stay for lunch or dinner. Or both. Or overnight. Take time to strike up a conversation with whomever you choose, and confirm that indeed better than good, PineCrest is retirement living at its best.
Just do let us know when you’re coming.