“TRANSITIONAL” BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT HERE LONG.
PineCrest Transitional Rehabilitation reshapes lives and restores lost abilities after an injury, surgery or illness. We treat you – the whole person – physically, spiritually, emotionally and socially, as we provide the outpatient or residential short-term senior rehabilitation services that will help you return home, whether “home” is an Independent Living residence, your house in Lufkin, TX, or elsewhere in Angelina County.
SHORTER RECOVERY. 2 WEEKS SHORTER.
The architecture of our Open Concept Rehab center is conducive to clear communication and more productive therapy. As a result, we routinely discharge fit and ready rehab residents 43% faster than the national average – and these remarkably shorter stays in PineCrest Transitional Rehab are a not-so-well-kept secret that’s quickly becoming part of our reputation.
WHAT CAN REHAB DO?
Stay healthy. Live longer. You may be familiar with PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy) and ST (speech therapy). But you may not know that Rehabilitation can:
- Improve balance
- Increase safety levels
- Reduce pain in targeted areas
- Increase levels of activity and participation
- Significantly reduce the risk of falls and/or injury
- Provide resident self-management skills and education
- Significantly increase range of motion in targeted areas
- Improve a resident’s perception of their quality of life, i.e., their outlook
- Improve functional endurance for performing ADLs (activities of daily living)
To speed the healing after your medical procedure or surgery, come to us and strengthen your body in advance. It’s called Pre-Hab – and it works. Especially if you live alone or have little or no support system, it can be extremely beneficial to prepare yourself in advance with this kind of strength training. And if you have an aging parent with an upcoming procedure or surgery, enrollment in Pre-Hab helps them prepare in advance and improve their mental outlook toward the surgery. That can make them better in their next role: an active participant on the post-op rehab team. Pre-Hab stacks the deck in favor of the best possible results.
BRINGING YOU BACK TO YOUR BEST, CHALLENGE AFTER CHALLENGE.
PineCrest Transitional Rehab provides rehab and responsive care, assessment and symptom management, counseling, training and on occasion more aggressive pushback when your body seems intent on producing disappointing results. But it’s also true that there will be those days when there’s not much more to be done than change your dressing, massage your soreness and encourage you to eat properly and get a good night’s sleep – because in therapy session tomorrow, our high expectations will be firmly back in place.
- Arthritis, both osteo- and rheumatoid
- Amputee counseling and rehab
- Minor burn care
- Burn care
- Cardiopulmonary care
- Contracture (shortening/tightening) care
- CVA/stroke rehab and recovery
- Fall risk assessment & management
- Fracture management
- Incontinence training
- Home modification assessments
- Joint replacement rehab
- Low vision training
- MS, ALS & Parkinson’s symptom care
- Other neuromuscular rehab
- Orthopedic condition & post-op rehab
- Pain management
- VitalStim® swallowing therapy
- Wound care, incl. vacuum dressings
OPEN-SPACES, GARDEN VIEWS, EXTRA NICETIES
Recently renovated and professionally decorated to feel like home, PineCrest Transitional Rehab offers private and semiprivate suites overlooking landscaped courtyards and gardens. This lovely environment includes access to the full range of PineCrest’s activities.
SERVICES & AMENITIES
- 3 meals daily
- Bathing, dressing and grooming (as needed)
- Linen service and housekeeping
- Personal laundry
- Safe outdoor spaces with walking paths
- Beauty salon
- Wellness center
- Multipurpose activity center
- Chapel with weekly services
BACK TO YOUR BEST.
If you’ll need in-patient or outpatient therapy, talk to your doctor now about PineCrest Transitional Rehab center for Rehab and perhaps Pre-hab, too. You’ll find that many physicians and surgeons recommend PineCrest as their first choice. Contact us to start a conversation. We want to help – and we want to help your body heal to be its best and strongest.