TAKE HEART. WE’RE READY TO HELP.
When you or someone you love is diagnosed with dementia, care can seem overwhelming, complex, physically demanding and impossible to handle alone. So on your search for memory care in Texas, consider that our Memory Support program starts by acknowledging that Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia can cause behaviors that aren’t “normal” and can even be dangerous to a senior in the wrong setting. So we set aside normal expectations and help each resident feel secure and safe. We honor each. We listen closely. And we never let go.
MEDICAL CARE OF ALL KINDS.
Residents from anywhere in the continuum can move into Memory Support, as needed. We also accept residents from Lufkin, East Texas and beyond, regardless of their timeframe or stage of Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our Memory Support doesn’t come in a box; that is, it’s custom-tailored to the needs, limitations and prognosis of each resident. For example:
- Mobility. For residents who require ambulation assistance, our center is designed to minimize barriers and encourage movement.
- Behavior. Those who have Alzheimer’s or other form of dementia may sometimes exhibit any of a variety of behaviors, including confusion, repetition, aggression, wandering or depression. We’re ready. We can handle all these behaviors, and never relinquish an iota of respectful regard for the resident.
- Assistance. Whatever your loved one needs, it’s our honor to serve.
OPEN SPACE, SAFE EXPLORING.
Our residents live safely and happily in a neighborhood specifically designed to help them feel secure. We encourage them to explore, and offer an open layout with accessible outdoors. This is a setting rich with uplifting activities and sensory stimulating therapy. It’s also a soothing environment where certified nurses and staff assist with daily activities and support each individual’s independence.
MAKING TODAY A GOOD DAY.
A resident’s typical day might include a walk in the secured memory garden, sensory games, a roundtable discussion, and even baking cookies as if in the comfort of their own home. The idea is to emulate life the way it used to be – the way they might remember it – and share moments of simple joy. Family members are welcomed and encouraged to participate in activities and care that might elicit personal memories (“I like cats!”) and improve quality of life. The atmosphere is calming; the physical, emotional and spiritual care is real; and despite natural frustrations, the focus is simply on enjoying each day.
REMEMBERING ALWAYS TO INCLUDE THE WHOLE FAMILY.
Memory loss doesn’t impact just one person, but also touches those with whom the memories were made – including children and grandchildren. Our certified nurses and support staff create emotional bonds and thus safe places for family members to express, acknowledge and understand their feelings, making it easier to recover from these understandable responses and continue to help the resident. We encourage family members to feel welcomed 24/7, and we offer a “virtual dementia tour” to help each family member understand the road ahead for their loved one – and their own road, too.
SERVICES & AMENITIES
The comforts of home. Plus help with the gaps.
- Medication management
- Dressing and grooming
- 3 daily meals
- Personal laundry service
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Safe outdoor space
- Walking paths
- Wellness center
- Multipurpose activity center
- Chapel with weekly services
- Beauty salon
Minimizing independence through individualized assistance, our Hand in Hand Training is evident in our programs and activities that help each resident find their way through each day with less strain and more joy. And because we’re committed to delivering the best to residents, every staff member in an MRC community receives Hand in Hand training.
- Staff members respect residents’ dignity, increasing their self-esteem
- Staff training includes how-tos of resident interaction, reducing behavior concerns and controlling medication needs
- Staff members learn each resident’s history and incorporate the knowledge into daily life
- Families can track their loved one’s progress via regular reviews
- Support groups connect families to share concerns
- Residents’ improvements in sleep, nutrition and hydration can often improve relations with family members
MUSIC & MEMORY ®
It’s proven that by calming chaotic brain activity and improving focus, music can connect with those with dementia, helping them reconnect. That’s why we’ve made Music & Memory an integral part of our Memory Support program. Join us for classes, and learn how music can relax and focus your loved one as it quickly makes a bad day better.