BE AN ANGEL. HELP A SOUL IN NEED.
It happens sometimes that, while it’s not their fault, residents are aghast to find their funds have unexpectedly run out. Naturally, when this happens they’re fearful and anxious about the future, not knowing whether they can expect to have a place to call their own. But your gift can help us make sure that we can meet ongoing needs like this, and that all our seniors can stay safe and secure in their homes. Benevolent Care is just one of our current primary funds:
- Benevolent Care – Your gift helps a resident remain with us, to live with dignity and continue to receive the care they need.
- Education – MRC (Methodist Retirement Communities), our parent company, promotes lifelong learning with intergenerational programs such as WYSE (Wisdom for Youth from Senior Expertise), which benefits high school seniors and juniors as well as our residents.
- Construction – Major donations for start-up capital are the only way we can turn our dreams of serving more seniors into the reality of a new community. Without the support of those who share our commitment of a faith-based environment for senior care, MRC might still be where we started over a half-century ago – and PineCrest certainly wouldn’t be here.
FINDING WAYS TO HELP SENIORS.
Gifts to PineCrest and MRC (that is, the Methodist Retirement Communities Foundation, an IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organization) are tax-deductible. You can make a gift directly to PineCrest, create a memorial fund in honor of a loved one, remember PineCrest in your will, or do almost anything you have in mind – though we ask that you please check with us first, as nonprofit status means there are strict rules we must abide by. Your gift may be anonymous, or you may choose to join our other wonderful donors in our Annual Gifts list.
Additional ways to share in the mission of MRC include:
- Accumulated cash reserves, investment and interest income or dividends
- Securities, stocks, bonds, treasury notes, mutual funds, planned/estate gifts or IRAs
- A bequest
- Donor-advised funds that provide you with an immediate tax benefit and income for life
- Gifts from family trusts or an inheritance
- Property, real estate, oil and mineral rights, royalties and options, or accumulated cash that may lie dormant in insurance policies
- Retained life estate, where your real estate becomes a gift while you retain its use
Our Development professionals can structure your gift to maximize benefits for you, PineCrest and MRC. For assistance of all kinds, please don’t hesitate to contact us.